Health Promotion is the preventive branch of Campus Health Services. We’re here to empower students to make healthy choices to support academic success. Our office uses a public health approach to managing student health at a population level, beyond the individual level.
Some of our work includes:
- Advocating for policies and change on campus that support mental and physical health
- Providing screening opportunities to help students identify underlying health concerns
- Connecting students to vital resources on campus and in the community
- Offering programs and presentations to help students learn the skills needed to manage their health
- Empowering other campus professionals to address health concerns they see in students
- Supporting students interested in health related fields through our student organizations