Eligibility and cost
Who is eligible
Our services are designed to address short-term issues and concerns. Issues requiring longer-term treatment will likely be referred off campus. Any student who is enrolled for one or more credit hours and has paid the Health and Recreation Fee for the current semester will be eligible for services at a reduced rate. If you have not paid the Health and Recreation fee, you will be charged the standard rate for services.
- Initial consultation: No charge for first visit of a student’s lifetime
- Individual counseling: $25 per session (if paid health and rec fee) $50 per session (if not paid)
- Couples counseling: $25 per session (if paid health and rec fee) $50 per session, per person (if not paid). Registered student will be billed for both people
- Group counseling: $5 per session (if paid health and rec fee), $10 per session (if not paid). Minimum of 4 sessions
- Emergency services: No charge
- Behavioral related assessment: No Charge
- Forced referrals for substance abuse: $150
Counseling Services will charge $25 to your student account for appointments that you:
- are more than 10 minutes late for
- do not attend without canceling more than two hours in advance
These charges will appear on your account as Campus Health Services. Northern Arizona University reserves the right to turn this bill over to a collection agency. To avoid this charge, please cancel your appointment at least two hours in advance by calling the Counseling Services front desk at 928-523-2261 during business hours. If your appointment is in the first two hours of the morning you will not be charged if you call within the first 15 minutes the center is open.