ENG 105 or 205?

Placement - English

If you've taken Composition classes (typically English 101 or 102) at another Arizona college and 1) earned a grade of C or higher in both and 2) and the courses are listed as equivalent within the Arizona state system transfer guide, you've satisfied the Composition requirement.

If you've taken a Composition class at college or dual enrollment elsewhere, you can request to substitute that prior coursework for English 105: See your Advisor.

If you have not taken the ACT or SAT, you'll need to take a placement exam through the Testing Center.

If you have taken one of the following exams, look on this chart to see where your score places you:

 Transfer between Arizona Universities

Students who transfer to NAU who have completed English 105 at ASU will need to take English 205 at NAU.

NAU students who complete English 105 and then transfer to U of A or ASU will be required to take English 102 to complete the composition requirement.

NAU Students who complete 105 and 205 satisfy the requirements of U of A and ASU.

If you would like to challenge your placement, you may take a placement exam through, NAU Testing Center.

The Testing Center
PO Box 15066
Flagstaff, AZ 86011

Physical Address: 
The Testing Center
101 E. McConnell Drive
Building 81
Flagstaff, AZ 86011