While boundaryless@NAU enhances the value of your educational experience in many ways and through various programs, ensuring students leave NAU with these core competencies is central to how we achieve our mission and strive towards our vision.
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving: Ability to think deeply, rationally, and creatively, and to use this ability to identify needs and realize viable and valuable solutions.
- Communication: The ability to articulate ideas and solutions through spoken, written, numerical, and other relevant media and the ability to listen and interpret and synthesize information.
- Citizenship: Ability to use the skillset and mindset of an innovator with honesty and integrity, delivering on one’s word and adhering to a high ethical standard while building value for the world.
boundaryless@NAU enhances the NAU experience by preparing students to thrive in a dynamic world and job market, identify opportunity and solutions amidst challenges, and build a successful life and career.
Upon graduation from NAU, all students, whatever their course of study, have a curious, problem-solving mindset and skillset that they use to enrich their career, life, and the world.
And in all we do we aim to:
- Inspire: excite creativity, curiosity, and a desire to discover and explore emerging opportunities
- Educate: build a critical thinking mindset and mindset through a focus on innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership, problem solving, communication, quantitative reasoning, and ethical citizenship, and more
- Connect: develop interdisciplinary relationships between ideas, people, and resources to solve problems.