JACKS BIG IDEA
Jacks Big IDEA is a problem-solving competition where you can meet new people from across campus, form a team, and tackle real-world challenges by coming up with a solution–all in a weekend.
REGISTRATION FOR JACKS BIG IDEA
Registration is closed but will open earl 2024. Take a look at winning teams from last year below and join our mailing list to be notified when next year’s program rolls around.
JACKS BIG IDEA 2023
Over 100 participants representing all colleges
- 11 Student Teams with members representing all colleges at NAU
- 20 mentors and judges from across the campus and community
- $3,000 in cash awards to student teams funded by the W.A. Franke College of Business Foundation
- Special thanks to this year’s sponsors: CULT Artisan Beverage, W.A. Franke College of Business Foundation, Cline Library, NAU School of Hotel & Restaurant Management, NAU University Union, NAU Kayettes Service Club
ABOUT JACKS BIG IDEA
WHO’S IT FOR?
You. Yes, you and all NAU students–undergraduates and graduates–and all majors and areas of study are invited to apply.
WHY JACKS BIG IDEA?
The world needs changemakers like you now more than ever. It’ll be a lot of fun. You will make new friends and unforgettable memories that will be a highlight of your NAU experience. And participating looks great on a resume/CV and will raise eyebrows (in a good way) when you bring it up in a job interview.
HOW DOES JACKS BIG IDEA WORK?
You’ll form a small team (4-6) and select and work on one of a broad range of challenges that we provide. Don’t worry if you’ve never done something like this; we will be there to guide and help you and your team through this event.
JACKS BIG IDEA: IT’S ALSO A GLOBAL EVENT!
Jacks Big is part of a global event called Invent for the Planet, hosted by Texas A&M. So while we are working here at NAU there will be 30+ other schools around the world working on the same challenges. Throughout the event, you can chat and connect with students from around the globe! And the first-place team from NAU will send a video of their presentation to Texas A&M for a shot at being a global finalist (5-6 teams selected from about 30). If your team is chosen as a finalist you get an all-expense trip to Texas A&M to present and a shot at $5,000! (that’s on top of the $1,500 the first-place team wins here at NAU).
WHEN’S JACKS BIG IDEA?
Friday Feb.10-Sunday Feb.12. Here is a general schedule
- Friday, Feb.10, about 4 PM to 9/10 PM
- Saturday, Feb.11, about 8/9 AM until 10 to 12 ish at night
- Sunday, Feb.12, about 8 AM to 3/4 PM in the afternoon
AND WHERE WILL IT BE?
Here on the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus. All meals, drinks, snacks, and materials your team needs will be provided.
OK, I’M IN. HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Registration is closed for this year. Join our mailing list here: https://forms.gle/xzopxKokarSeTZb37