Join the Blavin Scholars Program at NAU!
To qualify for the Blavin Scholars Program interested students must:
- Be accepted to Northern Arizona University as a first-time freshman or transfer student
- Be seeking an undergraduate degree
- Be enrolled full-time and maintain full-time student status
- Be an Arizona resident (eligible for in-state tuition)
- Have experienced time in foster care
- Demonstrate financial need each year via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Complete the entire application packet
- Attach information on your participation in the Arizona foster care system
- Submit a 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the web, at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Use Northern Arizona University’s Federal Code 001082 so that a copy willbe sent to the university
- Return the application via email or mail to the First-Generation Programs office
- Competitive application process, not all students who apply will be selected.
- Additional resources for foster youth students can be found at https://nau.edu/office-of-scholarships-and-financial-aid/diverse-populations/
- Selected applicants will be invited to meet with the Blavin Scholars Program staff to learn more about the Blavin Scholarship and Blavin Scholars Program participation