Why Athletic Training at NAU?
- The only Master of Science Professional program in Arizona that prepares you to take the Board of Certification (BOC) Exam
- The second year of the program is completely online, allowing you to be placed at a clinical site in accordance with your career aspirations
- Clinical Sites include the Arizona Diamondbacks, Stanford University, NASA, Several High Schools in Arizona, Community Colleges in AZ and California, University of Arizona, Arizona State University, University of San Diego, University of Washington, Portland State University, The University of Colorado – Boulder, and many others
- The MSAT program at NAU boasts very affordable tuition costs for its graduate students
- The NAU MSAT program has two locations: Flagstaff Mountain and Phoenix Biomedical Campus
- Smaller cohorts (15-20 students) allowing for additional on-on-one time with faculty members
- Variety of teaching methods (first-year both in-person and online; second-year totally online) provides a student-centered focus.
- Professional preparation through clinical experiences, in a multitude of career settings, throughout the United States
Why Choose Athletic Training?
- The only health care professional that works with patients/athletes throughout the entire injury process.
- AT’s provide care to patients prior to injury (prevention), when injury occurs, throughout the injury recovery process, and during the return to play process, and after the complete return to play.
- Career Opportunities
- University or Community College Athletic Trainer
- High School Athletic Trainer
- Outpatient Physical Therapy Clinic
- Hospital setting, Military Setting, Industrial Setting, Performing Arts