Student Veteran Orientation at NAU
Student Orientation for Veterans and Active Duty
Attending new student Veteran and Active-Duty Orientation is a crucial step in transitioning to Northern Arizona University. The Online Orientation will provide you with tools for success to use during your academic career.
Start your online orientation experience here. But first, please read on for further instructions.
The online portion of the orientation experience should take approximately 2.5 hours to complete. We have added important information specifically for military connected students. Completing this online orientation will also provide you immediate access to the PRIORITY ENROLLMENT form. *Priority Enrollment is the quickest way to get an academic advising appointment and to get your course schedule.
Will you be using the GI Bill®, VR&E, or DODTA education benefits this term? If yes, you are expected to attend a VMS Chat Session via Zoom in addition to completing the Online Orientation. This is essential for timely processing of your benefits, and we encourage you to sign up as early as possible.
This is an important opportunity to:
- Learn about our in-person and virtual services.
- Get information and instructions on utilizing your GI BILL® benefit, or DODTA here at NAU.
- In-State tuition rate military connected eligibility.
- Meet staff and fellow military connected peers!
- Get NAU and VA resources.
- Time for individual questions.
June 14th to June 17th at 5:30 p.m.
- Monday – Guard and Reserve
- Tuesday – Statewide and Online Military/Vets
- Wednesday – Flagstaff Veterans
- Thursday – Dependents and parents
If you are unable to attend the June VMS Chat Session, please indicate so on your registration. We may be hosting another set of VMS Chat Sessions the week of August 9th. We encourage you to attend the June session.
Where: We will offer all sessions via our Virtual VSC Room.
We look forward to supporting your academic and professional goals!