Student Veteran Orientation at NAU
Student Orientation for Veterans and Active Duty Beginning in December
Attending new student Veteran and Active Duty Orientation is a crucial step in transitioning to Northern Arizona University. The Online Orientation will provide you with tools for success to use during your academic career.
Start your online orientation experience here. But first, please read on for further instructions.
The online portion of the orientation experience should take approximately 2.5 hours to complete and mirrors the main NAU online orientation with added important military connected information. Completing this online orientation will also provide you immediate access to the PRIORITY ENROLLMENT form. *Priority Enrollment is the quickest way to get an academic advising appointment and to get your course schedule.
Will you be using the GI Bill®, VR&E, or DODTA education benefits this term? If yes, you will need to register for your time slot to attend the required VMS Chat Session in addition to completing the Online Orientation.
This is an important opportunity to:
- Learn about our in-person and virtual services
- Get information and instructions on utilizing your GI BILL® benefit, or DODTA here at NAU.
- In-State tuition rate military connected eligibility
- Meet staff and fellow military connected peers!
- Get NAU and VA resources
- Time for individual questions
When: December 14th to Dec 17th at 4:00 p.m.
- Monday – Guard and Reserve
- Tuesday – Statewide and Online Military/Vets
- Wednesday – Flagstaff Vets
- Thursday – Dependents and parents
Where: To ensure the safety and health of participants during this time, we will offer all session via Zoom Virtual Session. Please allow us to interact by having your video on during your session.
We look forward to supporting your academic and professional goals!