Parent and Family Resources
We are here for your students
How can we help?
The Academic Success Centers offer the following free resources:
- One-on-one tutoring
- Academic peer mentoring
- One-on-one appointments with the Learning Specialist
- Drop-in tutoring
- Weekly review sessions
If you are concerned about your student’s success in a course or think they need help with study skills, we can reach out to them with resources on time management, test taking, and study strategies.
How can you help?
- Encourage your student to try academic resources, even if they think they don’t need them. Tutoring can help students get an A instead of a B.
- Inform them of the resources available to them.
- Discuss how asking for help when you need it is a sign of strength, not of weakness. Over 40% of NAU students use ASC services each year!
- Ask questions about their academic experience, such as:
- Where is your favorite place to study?
- Do you ever have a hard time attending class?
- Have you utilized your professors’ office hours?
- What academic resources are offered and have you used them?
- What goals do you have for the semester?
- There is an array of faculty, staff, and peer students invested in your student’s success and willing to help. Please do not hesitate to contact us for information.