Student Success Coaching Program
The mission of the Student
Success Coaching program is to establish a foundation for success in college
and life. The program is designed to empower each student through a voluntary
coaching relationship with an NAU employee or retiree trained in life-coaching
tools and resources. The program equips students to manage their transition to
college, access support, and explore academic and career opportunities.
Meet our team
Become a Coach 2015-2016
Application process closes Friday, March 13th 2015 at 5pm.
Program description3D Tools
Student Success Coaching is a tool-based program.
Each coach is trained and certified in a set of 3D Tools, licensed by Patterson
Sports Ventures. These tools have been adapted
to create a common and unique language between NAU students and coaches. The 3D Tools train the students to optimally perform by managing
their transition, accessing support, and exploring academic and career
Success Coaching is unique in that it encourages students to not only identify
their performance barriers, but also take action to overcome them. Through the
use of the 3D Tools, coaches work with students to develop “action plans”.Personalized
Through the training in the 3D Tools, coaches are equipped with a tool-kit that allows them to personalize each coaching session to their student's needs. In this model, coaching sessions are student driven and based on the needs of the student. Meetings are always relevant to the student's personal and academic goals.The Power of Team
It is well-known that in order for students to be successful in college, they must have a team supporting them. This team can be comprised of friends, family, coaches, and campus resources. One of the biggest roles that coaches play is that of a connector. Coaches are trained in the various resources that Northern Arizona University has to offer and how to determine which resources are best for their student.
Goals & OutcomesProgram Goals
- The program will increase student success and improve retention
- The program will increase employee engagement and satisfaction with NAU by directly connecting them to student success
Through the program's whole person approach:
The students will be able to manage their transition to college by:
- developing time management skills
- developing energy management skills
- setting priorities
- establishing routines
The students will be able to access their support by:
- building a support team of peers and professionals
- creating personal and professional networks
- positively contribute to their own learning through engagement with their environment
The student will be able to explore their academic and career options by:
- identifying strengths
- identifying interests
- using that information to shape their future academic and career direction
The coach will complete required life coaching certification and resource training encourage them to:
- Assess the students' needs and make appropriate recommendations
- Place the needs of student at the center of the coaching relationship
- Connect with other coaches and university professionals to expand their personal and professional networks to serve students
What is coaching?
Learn more about coaching and its benefits.
Get coached NOW!
Sign up to get matched with your Student Success Coach for Fall 2014 or call Student Success Coaching at 928-523-6444.