Prospective Transfer Jacks
You have already started college, so you have taken a huge step toward your bachelor’s degree. Here are a few things that can help you in your transition. Research, plan and communicate. Do your research on degrees and degree requirements, talk with your advisors and ask questions.
Who is a transfer student? Here is the simplest breakdown of who is considered a transfer student when entering the university. A more detailed breakdown of transfer requirements can be found on the university Admissions webpage.
- You have graduated high school
- You have completed more than 12 college credit hours since graduating from high school.
- High school students with concurrent enrollment are not considered transfer students. Please complete the freshman application.
For more information on the application process, or if you will be coming in as a transfer student, NAU Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation is happy to help
- Jacks Path - See how your credits will transfer, what courses you should take at your Arizona community college, and what you’ll take at NAU to earn your bachelor’s degree.
- 2NAU Programs - Northern Arizona University partners with 19 of Arizona community colleges in an initiative called 2NAU to make it easier for you to complete your bachelor's degree. Students in the 2NAU program are admitted to the university while completing an associate's degree at their community college. NAU will provide guidance throughout the first two years and support you as you finish a four-year degree. Students who complete their associate's degree may qualify for a scholarship for up to $2,000.
- AGEC - Arizona General Education Curriculum foundation coursework.
- UN - AZ college numbering system for classes.
Apply now to be a Lumberjack!
See our FAQs or contact one of our Transfer Specialists at email@example.com or 928-523-9330.