Admitted Transfer Jacks
Congratulations! You are in the home stretch…
At this stage, it is very important that you start checking your Northern Arizona University e-mail account frequently—this is how the university will begin to communicate with you. Items that are high priority have an *asterisk; these must be completed to progress in the enrollment process.
Your application is in and you have been accepted. Now what?
- Accept my offer
- Send in your transcripts for evaluation. Remember this is a process and it can take two weeks or longer. The sooner you get them in, the easier it will be to process them. NAU Admission and Orientation has more information on this.
- Verify your Citizenship
- ALERT* Pay the enrollment deposit—the sooner this step is complete, the faster you will have access to orientation, advising and university courses.
- Submit immunization records to Campus Health Services
- ALERT* Complete on-line orientation (note: Upon paying your enrollment deposit, you will receive the link for the Online Orientation via your NAU email account. If you do not get the information, please contact NAU admissions. You cannot move further in the process until this step is complete. After the on-line orientation, please fill out the Priority Enrollment form to help your advisor and NAU department get to know your academic goals. This will also help you get the courses you will need for your academic plan. On-line orientation is required prior to speaking with an academic advisor and enrolling in your first term classes.
- Advising decoded - make sure you completed the Priority Enrollment form at the end of the On-Line orientation! This will get the ball rolling for your advising.
- Send in your final semester transcript
Only complete the following steps if applicable.
- As of fall 2017 students who are transferring over 12 credit hours will not be able to apply for on campus. Use our Off-Campus Housing Resource page!
- Many students will not need to take the ALEKS Math Placement Test - find out if you do!
Done? Pat yourself on the back.
You’re a Lumberjack!!
We also recommend learning how to use the Louie System, videos & tutorials on viewing a transfer credit report, reading a degree progress report, and more, are available.
For a printable PDF Next steps checklist with URL’s.