Admitted Transfer Jacks
Congratulations! You are in the home stretch…
Once you’ve been admitted to NAU as a Flagstaff transfer student, complete the checklist below to secure your space in our next class. And remember, at this stage, it is very important that you start checking your Northern Arizona University email account frequently—this is how the university will begin to communicate with you.
1. Accept your offer of admission:nau.edu/acceptmyoffer
You will accept your offer of admission by paying your enrollment deposit.
Spring 2018: The enrollment deposit is $250 and is refundable until Dec I
Fall 2018: The enrollment deposit is $250 and is refundable until May 1
2. Complete Priority Enrollment:nau.edu/priorityenrollment
Priority Enrollment is how new, incoming NAU students get enrolled in their first term's courses by an advisor. Once submitted, your advisor will contact you directly to schedule your initial advising appointment.
Spring 2018: Priority Enrollment opens October 16, 2017
Fall 2018: Priority Enrollment opens January 16, 2018
3. Locate housing: We recommend you begin your search early!
On-Campus: Transfer students may be eligible to live on-campus but space is limited. If interested please contact Residence Life directly nau.edu/residence-life
Transfer and Commuter Connections has a variety of resources to help you locate housing: nau.edu/offcampus
4. Apply for Financial Aid:fafsa.gov
Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Application opens October 1.
The priority date for transfer students is February 1.
NAU’s school code is 001082.
5. Submit immunization records:campushealth.nau.edu
All documents must be submitted electronically.
6. Complete Online Orientation:nau.edu/orientation
If you prefer, you may attend an in-person orientation.
Spring 2018: January 12
Fall 2018: July 5, July 9, August 21, August 23
7. Send in your final semester transcript
If you uploaded transcripts when you applied or have now earned a grade for a course that was previously in-progress, please send an official copy of your transcripts to the Admissions Office as soon as possible:
Northern Arizona University
Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation
PO Box 4084
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-4084
8. Additional steps to complete as soon as possible:
- Upload your Photo for your JacksCard ID: nau.edu/jackscardphoto
- Verify your citizenship: nau.edu/verify
- Complete the Sexual Violence Annual Course: nau.edu/mystudentbody
Transfer and Commuter Connections
University Union Bldg 30
Done? Pat yourself on the back.
You’re a Lumberjack!!
We also recommend learning how to use the Louie System, videos & tutorials on viewing a transfer credit report, reading a degree progress report, and more, are available.
For a printable PDF Next steps checklist with URL’s.