SDAS, Registrar, or OSFA?

What is the difference between Student and Departmental Account Services (SDAS), the Registrar's Office, and the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA)? These three departments may seem similar, but they manage different things. Learn how each department can assist you.

Student and Departmental Account Services

We, the Student and Departmental Account Services (SDAS), will help you with most issues involving payments and fees. You may know our department by our former name, the Bursar.

More specifically, SDAS helps with:

  • billing and payment for tuition and fees
  • setting up tuition payment plans
  • emergency loans
  • tuition refunds
  • setting up direct deposit
  • collections and delinquent accounts
  • 1098-T tax credit information
  • third party or sponsored billing

Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid

The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid is the place to go to find out how to apply for and manage your need- and merit-based financial aid, including:

  • scholarships and grants
  • loans
  • Federal Work Study (FWS)

You will generally start with filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) but some scholarships have separate application processes. The Financial Aid office can assist you in filling out the required paperwork and answer any related questions you have.


Office of the Registrar

The Office of the Registrar handles course enrollment and academic records, including grades.

If you’re a student, the registrar can help you:

You can do many of these things quickly and easily online with LOUIE or in person at the Office of the Registrar.

The Family EducationalRights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a law that protects the privacy of academic records—you can learn more about it with the help of the Registrar.