Benefits of direct deposit
Receiving your money is easy, fast, and secure when you have
direct deposit. Financial aid, refunds, and paychecks are directly deposited to
your checking or savings account.
With direct deposit you can:
- expect fast, secure transfer of your money
- stop waiting for the mail to arrive to receive
- avoid a trip to the bank to cash or deposit that
- avoid the 10 day wait period to have a check
cancelled and reissued.
To sign up, change, or cancel
direct deposit, log in to LOUIE
and click direct deposit.
Direct deposit details
Be aware that:
- requests for direct deposit remain in effect
until you cancel your request on LOUIE
- you must update LOUIE if you change your bank account
- your authorization affects both Payroll Office
deposits and Student and Departmental Account Services deposits; Student and
Departmental Account Services will deposit the balance of any financial aid and
any refunds due to you from Northern Arizona University after paying current
charges on your account
- checks are not available for in-person pickup
- if you do not sign up for direct deposit, checks
are mailed to your refund address so make sure to update your address on LOUIE
If you receive your payroll and/or student refunds via
direct deposit at a US bank and then have the entire payroll or student refund
amount forwarded to a bank in another country, please advise the Payroll
Department if it is payroll related or Student and Departmental Account
Services if it is related to a student refund.
There are new formatting requirements for these transactions
that the university needs to follow. It will not impact your payroll or student
Make the switch and help the environment
Did you know that switching to direct deposit benefits the
environment? Every year, paper checks
use over 674 million gallons of fuel and add 3.6 million tons of CO² to the
environment. Imagine the collective
difference we could make by using direct deposit.