Blg 60 Rm #378
Northern Arizona University
Clinical Health Psychology
BA 2009 Arizona State University
MA Northern Arizona University
Matt Anderson has taught both research methods in psychology and introduction to statistics in psychology and is interested in identifying predictors of success in these core courses. In an effort to be more prepared for teaching this year, he completed a five-day course in statistical literacy taught in June 2013 by staff of the Center for Research Methods & Data Analysis at the University of Kansas in Lawrence.
As a nontraditional student (going back to school after a 20-plus year career as a program administrator), Matt is particularly enthusiastic about working with students who are returning to school and those who are fearful of learning statistics.
- Hughes, A. E., Anderson, M. D., Dunbar, N. D. & Sydeman, S. D. (2013, March). Interdisciplinary collaboration to assess common learning outcomes in a research methods course in psychology. Presented at 2013 NAU Assessment Fair.
- Anderson, M. D. & Sydeman, S. D. (2013, March). It's not as bad as graduate students think: An analysis of thesis components and length. Presented at 2013 NAU Assessment Fair.
- Anderson, M. D., Sydeman, S. D., & Jerumbo, S. (2013, March). Contemporary practices in the psychological evaluation of candidates for spinal cord stimulation. Presented at the 2013 meeting of the American Psychosomatic Society, March 13-16, 2013, in Miami, Florida.
- Anderson, M. D. (2011). Contemporary practices in the psychological evaluation of candidates for spinal cord stimulation (Master's thesis). Available from ProQuest Dissertations and Thesis database. (UMI 1511233).
- Daiss, S., Krietsch, K., Blackledge, S., Anguiano, C., Anderson, M., Garrido, M., Patterson, K., Becenti, C., Casey, M., Marum K., Getchis, M., Wayment, H., & Pernitz, K. (2011). Changes in psysiological variables over a small change, lifestyle-based, weight loss program: Results at 6 months. Poster presented at ASU Building Healthy Lifestyles Conference in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Coon, D. W., Keaveny, M., Anderson, M., O'Connor, K., Evans, L. & Neiri, W. (2009). Predictors of valuation of life: Exploring cognition, health, and psychosocial factors. Poster presented at the annual convention of the Western Washington Psychological Association in Portland, Oregon.
- Coon, D. W., Keaveny, M., Anderson, M., O'Connor, K., Evans, L. & Neiri, W. (2009). Factors in life satisfaction in nonagenarians and centenarians. Poster presented at the annual convention of the Western Washington Psychological Association in Portland, Oregon.
Mr. Anderson teaches the lab portions of the Introduction to Statistics in Psychology (PSY230) and Research Methods in Psychology (PSY302W).