Zachary A. Smith,
Blg SBS Rm #203
Northern Arizona University
Politics & International Affairs
PhD, University of California
- What is Water Worth: Overlooked Non-Economic Value in
Water Resources, Palgrave.
- Sustainability: If It's Everything, Is It Nothing? Routledge, UK.
- The Environmental Policy Paradox (6th Edition).
- Renewable and Alternative Energy Resources, ABC-CLIO
- Globalization A BC-CLIO Press.
- Environmental Politics and Pol icy in the West,
University of Colorado Press.
- Protecting Our Environment Lessons from the European Union, State
University of New York Press.
- The National Environmental Policy Act: Judicial
Misconstruction, Legislative Indifference & Executive Neglect, Texas A
& M University Press.
See my Vita on my webpage for a full list of publications.
Undergraduate teaching emphasis:
- Environmental policy
- Environmental politics
- Public administration
- State and local politics
- Arizona politics
- Public policy
Graduate teaching and research emphasis:
- International environmental policy and problems
- Water policy
- Forest policy and management
- Global environmental policy and problems with particular emphasis on energy and EINGO politics and problems
- Sustainability, globalization, and the environment
- Renewable resource development and regime theory in global resource management
- Arts administration
Students thinking about graduate school are invited to have a look at this web page. You can also check out "Placing the Environmental Policy PhD," featured in the Newsletter of the Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy Section American Political Science Association.