Central office student positions
Hiring for these positions is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a criminal background investigation, employment history verification, and fingerprint check. If you have any questions about the Central Office staff positions, please call 928-523-5840 or email Ask.ResLife@nau.edu.
The applications for Desk Assistant, Central Office Student Position, and Community Development Assistant is currently closed. Please check back periodically for posting updates.
All student workers hired by Housing and Residence Life must complete three online trainings on or prior to their first day of work: FERPA, Information Security Essentials, Preventing Workplace Harassment, and Online Loss Prevention. Upon your job offer, you will be sent an email from Ask.Reslife@nau.edu with instructions for these trainings. To learn more, visit the FAQ page.
Conduct Area Office Assistant
Provides support to the Conduct office and for Residential Student Conduct and Development Staff. Job Description
Staff is responsible for answering emails and phone calls from students and hall staff regarding appointments for conduct meetings. Student workers will also schedule conduct appointments and communicate with students about their appointment, as well as perform basic office work such as scanning, saving and uploading documents. Staff members are required to work with confidential information regularly and must comply with FERPA guidelines when sharing this information. For this reason, applicants must be comfortable with the sensitive nature of this position.
Front Desk/Operations Assistant
The Housing and Residence Life Front Desk/Operations Assistant
position provides support to within the housing operations area of
the central office. Job Description
Provides support to the housing operations staff, responsible for processing housing applications, monitoring housing assignments, and placing housing charges on student LOUIE accounts for residents at NAU. This position includes Housing and Residence Life representation at: Discover NAU, NAU Orientation, #NAUSaidYes. This position is a year round position with available hours during summer and winter breaks.
Residence Life Office Assistant
The Residence Life Office Assistant position(s) provides support to Housing and Residence Life Administration, Hall Staffing, Programs, and Operations.Job Description
- Greet and welcome students, staff, and visitors
- Provide quality in person and over the telephone customer service
- Utilize multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Maintain a clean and organized work/project area
- Respond to emails from students as directed
- Enter data and upload documents for student staff hiring processes, Learning Communities, and other departmental programs
- Operate and possess general knowledge of office equipment (photocopier, shredder, etc.)
- Check out office equipment to Housing and Residence Life staff
- Assemble and organize student staff personnel files
- Audit paperwork, flyers, and other materials used for HRL processes
- Maintain order forms and supplies
- Assist with poster/publicity approvals and distribution to hall staff
- Provide general office support to Housing and Residence Life
- Other tasks and projects as determined
Central office hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday- Friday.
questions about central office student employment positions? Visit the FAQ page
for answers to common questions and academic requirements.