Searching for Funding Sources
Pivot is a comprehensive, editorially maintained database that combines
funding opportunities with scholar profiles, available to
NAU faculty, staff and graduate students at no charge.
Pivot is a tool that:
- Provides access to a comprehensive source of funding opportunities globally
- Identifies researcher expertise from within or outside of NAU
- Enhances communication, monitoring, and tracking amongst individual faculty, teams, or researchers and the Research Offices
- Allows the focus to be on winning the necessary awards and grants
- Enables you to add internal deadlines to critical funding opportunities and sends weekly updates on saved searches
- Creates groups for sharing funding opportunities on an ongoing basis
Go to: http://pivot.cos.com
Creating Your Account: click on the Sign up link in the upper right of the screen. Fill out your Name, Email, Password and Affiliated Institution. (The email you register with must be an NAU email).
Click the Create my account button and Pivot will send you an email to the address you provided; in the email will be a verification URL. Click on the URL and you will be directed to update your basic account information.
Claiming a Profile: Claiming a profile connects your profile to your account.
When logging in, if you see your name in the upper right as a hyperlink, your profile has already been claimed.
If your name is not hyperlinked and you see an option to “Claim
Profile’ it has not been claimed. Click the hyperlinked “Claim Profile” to search for your profile and follow directions to complete or update information about your current affiliation.
Please see the Pivot Quick Start Guide or the Pivot Account Creation and Profile Update training slides for more detailed information.
Once logged in, click on the red “HELP” button at the top right of the screen to find a comprehensive list of information sources including training videos, webinars, and user guides.
about Pivot can also be directed to Stephanie Le-Charles Hall at