Applying for readmission

The Registrar’s Office processes readmission for Undergraduate students only.  For Graduate admission, please visit the Graduate College website.

How to apply for readmission

You must submit a new Application for Readmission (located on our Forms page) to the Registrar’s Office if you are a former, degree-seeking Northern Arizona University student who has not been in attendance for at least three consecutive semesters, excluding summer and winter (former non-degree students may be readmitted as non-degree only).
Please note that to be considered in attendance for any term, you must have been enrolled in at least one credit-bearing course, received a grade, and paid all tuition and fees for that term or have had arrangements for such payments approved by the Bursar’s Office.
If you have taken courses at another college or university since you last attended Northern Arizona University, you are required to submit official transcripts from those institutions to receive transfer credit. 
If you do not meet the above criteria for readmission, please go to Undergraduate Admissions and complete an “Undergraduate Admissions” application.


If you need further assistance about the readmission process please email or call 928-523-5359.  


If you have been academically suspended, you must fill out an Appeal for Reinstatement online.
Information on reinstatement and the “Reinstatement Appeal” form can be found at
Academic suspension may occur at the end of the fall, spring, or summer terms.  You will not be permitted to return to the university for at least one full term (fall, spring, or summer) following an academic suspension.
“Reinstatement Appeals” are due online by the deadline for the term you wish to return. 
Documents must be received by the end of the business day for the deadline listed.  Late appeals will not be considered.   
Please visit the University Advising web page for additional information on the appeal process.  If you need further assistance email