Students with Disabilities


Baer Reintegration Scholarship

The Baer Reintegration Scholarship program is designed to offer financial assistance for a wide range of educational opportunities in which students diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, and Schizoaffective Disorder work to attain a certificate or degree. Eligible programs include high school equivalency programs, trade or vocational school programs,  Associate degrees, Bachelor degrees, and  Graduate degrees. Noncredit, online and distance learning courses are not covered under the scholarship.

ChairScholars Foundation

The ChairScholars Foundation National Program is offered at only two universities: Edinboro University of Pennsylvania and the University of Tampa in Tampa, Florida. The ChairScholars National Scholarship Program provides eligible high school seniors and college undergrads financial aid. Students must be accepted by the school and must move to that state and school and reside on campus. 

Financial Aid for College Students with Disabilities

Resources for how to find and apply for scholarships, loan forgiveness, and other tuition assistance.

Fulbright U.S. Student Program

NAU Representative: Melissa Hatfield Riggs,  National Scholarship Coordinator
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program provides grants for individually designed study/research/arts projects or English Teaching Assistantships.  Applicants may be graduating seniors, recent undergraduate alumni, or master's or doctoral students. Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A candidate will submit a Statement of Grant Purpose defining activities to take place during one academic year in a country outside the U.S. The program facilitates cultural exchange through direct interaction on an individual basis in the classroom, field, home, and in the community, allowing the grantee to gain an appreciation of others’ viewpoints and beliefs, the way they do things, and the way they think, thereby promoting mutual understanding. 

Gilman International Scholarship

NAU Representative: Mariel Goble, Center for International Education
The Gilman International Scholarship provides awards for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study abroad programs worldwide. The program aims to support students who have been traditionally under-represented in study abroad, including but not limited to, students with high financial need, community college students, students in under-represented fields such as the sciences and engineering, students with diverse ethnic backgrounds, and students with disabilities.

Lime Connect Scholarships

Lime Connect hosts a variety of scholarship programs for students studying in the US and/or Canada in conjunction with corporate partners, some of which include a paid internship. All scholarships are awarded based on merit, not financial need, and students do not need to be registered with disability services/access centers on campus nor do they need to provide proof of disability.


Mobility International

Mobility International offers a list of scholarships that can be used towards international exchange. People with disabilities can apply for any scholarships if they meet other eligibility requirements. Some scholarships may be available exclusively to people with disabilities, women, Americans or non-US citizens, or those pursuing certain degree programs. This is not an exhaustive list of scholarships available. Find out where to find more scholarships by visiting Scholarships, Grants and Loans for International Exchange: Where to Search.