Insurance and payment
Our services are available for all currently-enrolled
Northern Arizona University students who have paid the mandatory semester
Health and Recreation Fee. Insurance is not required to receive our services;
however, it is suggested.
You can choose from these four plan options in order to
get treatment from Medical Services:
- Fee for Service: You pay for individual services
and are charged $58 per office visit along with any other labs, x-rays, or procedures
you have done.
- LouieCare: You pay $135 per semester and most
services provided by Medical Services are covered with a $10 co-pay per service.
- The LouieCare must be paid in full to be in effect. Any services received before the plan is paid in full will not be covered at the discounted rate.
- Major medical student insurance plan: This group
health insurance product is offered by all three state universities in Arizona
and provides group coverage to students who are uninsured, need a less
expensive alternative, or need an Arizona provider network. Primary care is
covered at Medical Services with a $15 co-pay for each office visit and $10 for any lab or x-ray.
- Your own contracted insurance: We are
currently contracted with Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Cigna and United Healthcare. We are currently not contracted with any state Medicaid plans, including AHCCCS UHC plans.
- Additional Information:
- CHS must receive insurance information (copy of front and back of card) in order to bill any contracted insurance. If the insurance information is received after date of service, and incurred charges may be the patient's responsibility.
- An Insurance Billing Form must be completed and presented with your insurance card in order to bill for services.
- Any copays, deductibles, or denied charges may be posted to the LOUIE account. You should verify your benefits through your insurance company and if you are from outside the Arizona network or
have an HMO, you should check with your plan to verify coverage.
- CHS uses a 3rd party laboratory
service (Sonora Quest) for certain lab services and you may receive an
additional bill from Sonora Quest.
For additional information contact our insurance office at 928-523-6343.