Using the NAU BCBSAZ PPO Plan
We want to make sure you have what you need to use your health plan. Below are a few steps to get started.
Review your Member Guide
Your BCBSAZ Member Guide
is designed to help you learn how the NAU BCBSAZ PPO Plan works and how to get the most out of the plan.
Read your member ID card and put it in your wallet
Take a moment and read your new member ID card. It gives plan details and shows who to call if you need help. You will need your BCBSAZ ID card when you:
- Visit a doctor or other healthcare professional
- Go to a drug store to get medication your doctor prescribes for you
- Visit an urgent care center or ER
- Call BCBSAZ customer service
Choose a doctor, hospital or other healthcare provider in your network
It is always a good idea to check to see if a doctor, hospital or other healthcare provider is part of the network for your plan before you see them. Find out what you need to know about costs and other details before you receive care.
Get to know what your health plan covers
It is important to understand what care your plan covers and what you may need to pay as your share of the cost. Your benefit book explains all of your health plan details and will show:
- What healthcare your plan covers and doesn’t cover
- How to get services and whether you need pre-authorization for a service
- The types of costs you will have to pay for each service you receive
Another great source is your Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) that comes with your member ID card. It outlines what your plan covers and how your health plan works, including the cost share amounts and percentages that apply to your plan.
Manage your health plan with convenient online tools.
- Find a doctor, hospital or other healthcare provider in your network
- View charges sent by doctors and hospitals and how much you’ve paid out of your own pocket toward your deductible and yearly maximum
- Look up a drug your doctor orders (and how much it costs)
- Order replacement ID cards
Contact BCBSAZ with any questions about your coverage
Call the number on the back of your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (BCBSAZ) ID card. Customer service representatives are available 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Arizona time, Monday – Friday
To call your closest office:
- Flagstaff (928) 526-0232, or toll-free (800) 423-6484
- Phoenix (602) 864-4400, or toll-free (800) 232-2345, ext. 4400
- Tucson (520) 745-1883, or toll-free (800) 752-0193
- Outside of Arizona (800)810-2583
- Mi Consejero Azul (602) 864-4884, or toll-free (800) 232-2345, ext. 4884 Si habla espanol
- Prescriptions (866)325-1794
- Behavioral Services (800)224-2125
- Chiropractic Benefits (800)678-9133