Health Care FSA
This account reimburses you for eligible out-of-pocket medical and related health care expenses such as copays, coinsurance or prescriptions for you or any of your eligible dependents during the plan year.
You can contribute up to $2,550 annually to the Health Care FSA. You may use your full annual election prior to having the full amount of payroll contributions deposited to your account.
The health care FSA offers you the ability to $500 at the end of the plan year will be rolled over for use in the next plan year.
How the rollover works
- John elects to contribute $2,000 to the Health Care Flexible Spending Account for the 2017 calendar year.
- Between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017 John incurs $1,400 of eligible claims.
- John’s balance as of December 31, 2017 is $600.
- $500 would be ‘rolled over’ to the next plan year and $100 would be forfeited.
Before you incur an expense under your medical FSA It is a good idea to determine if it is eligible for reimbursement on the ASI website, asiflex.com.
|Eligible expenses||Ineligible expenses|
- Copay, deductibles & coinsurance
- Eye glasses, contacts, contact solution LASIK surgery
- Premiums for medical and dental coverage
- Over the counter medications without a prescription
- Long Term Care expenses
*For a complete list of
eligible\ineligible expenses go to asiflex.com.