Performance Appraisal Timelines and Training
classified staff and service professional appraisal period ends on June 30,
2014. During June and July the following should be happening:
- Supervisors should be establishing due dates for employees to turn
in self appraisals and should be planning to write final appraisals.
- Employees should be preparing to write their self-appraisal and
turn in to their supervisors.
- Both employees and supervisors should be thinking about
appraisal goals for the new 2014-2015 appraisal year.
sooner after June 30 that supervisors write and deliver the final appraisal,
the more effective it is as a performance management tool. However, in order to
be sensitive to the work flow and timelines of many different departments at
NAU, the final due date for supervisor appraisals to be turned in to
Human Resources is Tuesday, September 30, 2014.
training topics may help employees and supervisors with the appraisal process:
- Performance Appraisal Training provides employees and
supervisors an introduction to the appraisal process at NAU.
- Writing and Delivering the Appraisal offers supervisors some
guidance on writing the final appraisal for the 2013-2014 year and meeting
with the employee about it.
see details or register for sessions, visit our Training page.
the Performance Management web
page for other resources including:
- self-appraisal guides
- supervisor's guide to unique situations
- sample forms and templates
specific questions, employees and supervisors may contact the
HR Employee Relations team.