Diversity scholarships

If you are from a minority or underrepresented population, these scholarships may interest you.

American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE), Outstanding Dissertation Competition

The competition is open to those who have completed a dissertation within the stated period of time that either focuses on Hispanics in higher education or on select disciplines by an Hispanic student. 

American Indian Graduate Center

This organization provides scholarships for “service to American Indian and Alaska Native undergraduate and graduate students.”

Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships

The Ford Foundation seeks to increase the diversity of the nation’s college and university faculties. Any individual with evidence of superior academic achievement and a commitment to teaching or researching at college or university level is encouraged to apply.

Gates Millennium Scholars

Gates Millennium Scholarships were established in part to provide outstanding African American, American Indian/Alaska Natives, Asian/Pacific Islander Americans, and Hispanic American students with an opportunity to complete graduate studies in mathematics, science, engineering, education, public health, or library science.

National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards

NRSA for Individual Predoctoral Fellowships to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research

Point Foundation

Point Foundation provides financial support, mentoring, leadership training and hope to meritorious students who are marginalized due to sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Can apply at all stages of student career.

The Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans

The purpose of The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans is to provide opportunities for continuing generations of able and accomplished New Americans to achieve leadership in their chosen fields. To apply you must be a naturalized citizen or hold a green card, if born abroad. If born in the US, be the child of two immigrant parents, one or both of whom are naturalized citizens. Have a bachelor’s degree or be on track to earn one by June in the year you wish to start. If in a graduate program, you should be in your 1st or 2nd year in the year for which you're applying. Maximum age: 30 years old.

Tribal Scholarships

Native American students interested in applying for tribal scholarships must complete a financial aid file with the Office of Student Financial Aid, as well as their respective tribal office.