The FVI at Northern Arizona University is the first of its kind in Arizona. It provides a vibrant forum for research, scholarship, education, and public policy work addressing family violence, one of the urgent challenges of our time.
- Works with communities in Arizona and across the United States to improve coordinated community responses to family violence and prevent homicides and suicides.
- Delivers undergraduate and graduate research opportunities for NAU students.
- Conducts program evaluations.
- Organizes professional and public events, workshops, and conferences.
- Offers meaningful opportunities for donors.
- Is non-partisan, objective, and relies on evidence-based research to inform practice, policy, and grant work.
- We provide states, cities, municipalities, and communities with the tools to confront family violence.
- We contribute to the health, happiness, employability, and productivity of human populations.
- We educate students in the art of conducting research and enhance student recruitment and retention.