The Faculty Professional Development Program organizes and conducts
offerings aimed at engaging faculty in focused conversations about designing
teaching and learning experiences to contribute to a "teaching
commons" at Northern Arizona University.
FPDP offers single & multi-meeting sessions, faculty learning communities, book discussions and communities of practice.
View the September offerings.
Learn about our new faculty learning opportunities.
Remote access link & session materials is located in our BB Learn ShellAbout the Faculty Professional Development Program
Faculty Professional Development Program offers the following programs and activities on a yearly basis. To learn more about each activity go here.
View and enroll in scheduled activities.
- New Faculty Engagement
- Fall Orientation
- Productive Beginnings Series
- Colleague-to-Colleague Mentoring Partnerships
- Faculty Learning Communities & Communities of Practice
- Events & Sessions (offered remotely)
- January Teaching Day
- Book Discussions
- Topical Workshops and Session Series
- Yuma Professional Development Day
- Consultations on Teaching and Scholarship
- Departmental and Program
- Resource Collaboration Group
- Graduate Teaching Assistant Development
- Introduction to University Teaching Course (semesters vary)
- GTA Recognition Program
For information about our upcoming events, view our current calendar
President's Distinguished Teaching Fellows blog