Utility Services & Sustainability
Director of Utility Services and Sustainability
Utility Data Resource
Interested in how much electricity your residence hall is using? NAU has a web based application that allows you to monitor your residence hall in real time.
The energy usage is available on a daily, weekly, and monthly scale. The application also provides helpful tips and handy conversions.
Have you seen the wind turbine outside the Applied Research and Development building?
Where is the renewable energy on campus?
- 160 kw Solar Field on South Campus
- 2.4 kw Wind Turbine in front of ARD
- 8 kw rooftop solar array at HRM (Fall '12)
- In 2010 the average Arizona household used 1059 kWh of electricity every month (Source). The solar field alone can power over 30 of these homes.
Want to learn more about how NAU builds green, operates efficiently, and why the hot water seems endless?
Join one of the presentations or take a building tour and learn all about what goes on behind the scenes.
Presentation Calendar and Topics
Where: Applied Research and Development: Large POD
- September: TBA
- October: TBA
- November: TBA
- December: TBA
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
What does the HVAC (heating ventilating air conditioning) department do?
- Responsible for the mechanical equipment in your building that is not generally seen because it is located in the building walls, ceilings or floors
- Inspects the mechanical equipment room in your building every day as part of preventive maintenance. They oil and grease pumps, clean filters and check fans a minimum of every 6 months
- Adjusts room/building temperatures and installs new thermostats as routine maintenance
- HVAC does not service nor install window air conditioners or space heaters
- HVAC does not service water coolers, refrigerators, or walk in coolers.