NAU Career Development
The mission of NAU Career Development is to empower students and alumni to confidently navigate their careers as citizens of an evolving and global world. We achieve our mission through the following goals.
lasts a lifetime and NAU is committed to supporting you along
the way! Click here for ideas of what you can do each year at NAU to support your career journey.
Our community partners help our students with challenges beyond the scope of our service offerings. The organizations listed on the first page can help Flagstaff residents in need of career guidance and resources.
Career Steps Online Lessons
These are self-paced online modules that cover over 30 different career related topics. Each Career Steps Lesson contains a self-enrollment BBLearn link and individual grading rubric.
Designing Your Life
NAUReads invites first-year students to read Designing Your Life and participate in conversations about the book. The book shows you how to build -design- a life you can thrive in, at any age or stage.
Spring 2018 Career & Graduate School Expo
Thursday, February 15, 2018
Noon - 4 p.m.
Union Fieldhouse, Bldg. 30
Visit nau.joinhandshake.com for event details.
Request appointments with a Career Development staff member through Handshake.
- Career Exploration
- Resume & Cover Letter Review
- Job Search Strategies
- Internship Exploration
- Mock Interview
Visit walk-in hours for answers to quick questions:
Tuesdays 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Wednesdays 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Thursdays 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Fridays 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Walk-in will be held 9/5/2017 through 12/8/2017. No walk-in: 10/5, 10/6, 11/10, 11/23, 11/24
Workshops are available in partnership with NAU faculty and staff.
- Career 101
- How to Write a Stand-Out Resume
- Getting Started with LinkedIn
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Job Search Strategies
- How to Interview Like a Pro
- Leadership Comes in all Colors
- Starting with Your Strengths
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
We host multiple recruiting events throughout the year for students of all academic years and majors.
- Career and graduate schools fairs
- Employer information sessions & tables
- On-campus interviews
- Panels and guest speakers
NAU Career Development maintains this web site as a service to NAU students and alumni for their career development and employment seeking efforts:
- The presence of employer/job information on this web site does not indicate an endorsement or recommendation from NAU or NAU Career Development (“NAU”).
- It is the user’s sole responsibility to ensure that any employment opportunity found with an organization listed here or anywhere else meets the user’s personal standards of safety, integrity, and quality as well as the user’s academic and professional goals. For more information on how to evaluate employment opportunities, view this Prezi for tips on how to spot scams.
- NAU provides third party links only in good faith and as a resource to support the career and professional development of students and alumni. NAU is not responsible for the contents of any linked web site, and the accuracy of such web sites is not guaranteed by NAU. By using the NAU web site, the user agrees that NAU has assumed no liability for acts or omissions by third parties or for material supplied by third parties, and the user further agrees to waive any and all claims against NAU based upon the actions of those third parties or based upon NAU maintaining this web site.
Connect with us