COE END-USER TECH ASSISTANT - Student Wage Position Available
The College of Education is hiring for Fall 2014
- support end-users with office computing & printing
- classroom hardware support and maintenance
- Install hardware, software packages, including upgrades as directed by supervisors
- Troubleshoot first tier general hardware and software problems.
- With supervisor direction, locate, prepare, re-allocate hardware.
- Test, and implement specific applications as needed or as requested
- May provide technical assistance and/or one-on-one training to end-users.
- Basic network cabling.
- May occasionally cover computer labs
- With supervisor direction, may provide second tier support for offices
- Familiarity with using Symantec Ghost or a similar product to apply images to computers
- Keep an accurate log of all work done on all equipment
- majoring in STEM or related field, sophomore status.
- Computer technician experience, heavy customer service
- Able to comfortably lift & move 45 pounds +
- Experience in Microsoft Office and Windows 7, 8 operating systems.
- Experience in computer, printer installation.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge & experience of computer maintenance and support
- Knowledge of system management techniques to assure system reliability, file system integrity, and system security.
- Knowledge of overhead projectors - cleaning filters, lamp replacement
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Solid analytical/problem solving skills and techniques applied in a work environment.
- Ability to provide appropriate documentation of procedures and programs.
- Familiarity with network protocols such as TCP/IP, 802.11, DHCP
- In-depth knowledge of the Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with Active Directory users, groups, group policy, OUs;
- Some knowledge of Mac OS 10.7 - 10.9.
- Some knowledge of iOS, Android
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
How to Apply: Send Resume to - COE.TechHelp@nau.edu and complete & forward job application located at: http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~bar2, click "Application for COE Computer Lab Tech Assistant Form".