PT Residency Program
The HonorHealth and Northern Arizona University in Neurologic Physical Therapy
The NAU Physical Therapy Program has teamed with HonorHealth to develop an ABPTRFE-accredited residency in neurologic physical therapy.
Residents have the opportunity to develop highly specialized clinical skills without an excessive financial burden by completing the program as employees of HonorHealth.
Residents will receive 1:1 mentoring as they work with their own caseloads in state-of-the-art facilities at HonorHealth. Other components of the program include structured coursework and labs provided through the Neurologic Physical Therapy Professional Education Consortium, and teaching and research opportunities through the NAU Physical Therapy Program on the Phoenix Biomedical Campus.
Successful graduates of the program will demonstrate:
- Highly skilled patient care in neurologic physical therapy
- The knowledge and skills of a board certified specialist
- Effective utilization of the scientific literature related to neurologic physical therapy
- The skills to effectively educate physical therapists and physical therapy students
- The ability to design, conduct, and disseminate clinical research
The HonorHealth and NAU neurologic residency is a 12-month program that begins in August each year. Residents will rotate between inpatient, inpatient rehabilitation, and outpatient settings. Throughout the program residents will complete:
- 1200 hours of clinical practice, primarily in outpatient neuro setting
- 150 supervised clinical practice
- 96 hours of coursework/lab training provided by the Neurologic Physical Therapy Professional Education Consortium
- 4 hours of didactic teaching in NAU Phoenix Biomedical DPT program
- Research opportunities available through NAU DPT program
Click here for an overview of the program by month.Apply
- Degree in physical therapy from an accredited university approved by the APTA
- Licensure as a Physical Therapist by the Arizona State Board of Physical Therapy, or pending while waiting for the board to meet
- Compliance with all HonorHealth employment requirements
- Formal interview
We participate in the RF-PTCAS universal application service for residency and fellowship programs, which can be found at, http://jobs.honorhealth.com.
Applicants are also required to complete an online general application to HonorHealth, at http://jobs.shc.org/.
For further information regarding physical therapy residency programs and for details and application instructions, please visit the website http://www.abptrfe.org/ResidencyPrograms/ApplicationProcess/
or contact Kathleen Ganley, PT, PhD at Kathleen.Ganley@nau.edu.