Offset the cost of tuition at NAU with available scholarships for CEFNS students
Each year, the College of the Environment, Forestry, and Natural Sciences awards scholarships to deserving undergraduate and graduate students to help fund their education at NAU. Information on available scholarship opportunities, including applications and deadlines, may be found below.
Scholarships for CEFNS students
CEFNS Dean Interdisciplinary Scholarships – Due 3-1-21 Accordion Closed
Complete the CEFNS Dean Interdisciplinary scholarship application to be considered for all of the scholarships below in the following academic year. The application process for AY21-22 in now closed. Instructions and a link to the application for AY22-23 will be available on or before December 1, 2021.
To complete the application process, you must:
- complete and submit application form
- email your resume to email@example.com
- email an essay* to firstname.lastname@example.org
- send the following link to one person to provide a reference on your behalf: https://forms.gle/gfgSMac49rNf28pD8
* Required essay (12pt font, single spaced, 1 page max), that describes your career/personal goals, evidence of dedication to learning through hard work in the classroom and/or research (independent study or lab research projects, work as a peer mentor, or participation in related outreach activities etc.), and any special circumstances of which the scholarship selection committee should be aware.
Complete one application to apply for all of the following awards:
Leadership Council Scholarship for Science and Math
- full-time student in their sophomore, junior, or senior year
- majoring in a science or math discipline
- good academic standing
- demonstrated financial need
Justin P. Carder Scholarship
- minimum GPA of 2.5, preference for financial need
- majoring in the following disciplines within the College of the Environment, Forestry, and Natural Sciences:
- Biological Sciences
- Environmental Sciences and Education
Paul A. Sciame Scholarship
- enrolled full-time as a student at NAU
- majoring in Chemistry or Biological Sciences
- sophomore, junior, or senior
- high grades are not the primary criterion for a successful candidate, rather dedication to learning through hard work in the classroom and/or research. Evidence for dedication to learning in the fields of Biology or Chemistry could include participation in independent study or laboratory research projects, work as a peer-mentor or tutor, or actively seeks peer mentoring or tutoring, participates in related outreach activities, etc.
- students who continue to meet this criteria may reapply
Dr. Richard D. Gerkin, Jr. Scholarship for Premedical Students
- premedical student majoring in scientific field of study
- full-time junior or senior
- minimum 3.25 GPA
- demonstrated financial need
Alan M. Bourgeois Scholarship
- full-time undergraduate student enrolled in a major within CEFNS
- sophomore, junior or senior
- minimum 2.85 GPA
Departmental scholarships Accordion Closed
Cross-disciplinary scholarships Accordion Closed
SNNA-LSAMP Accordion Closed
The Southern Nevada Northern Arizona Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (SNNA-LSAMP) program supports underrepresented minority students pursuing degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) through a comprehensive approach to student development, community building and career readiness. Please see the LSAMP page for more information.
NAU scholarship funding resources Accordion Closed
Office of Student and Financial Aid
Visit the NAU Office of Student and Financial Aid web page for scholarship opportunities available from the university and for other financing options.
Scholarships are awarded by the graduate college to students accepted in a master’s or doctoral program at NAU. The college also has information on travel grants and graduate assistantships for currently enrolled graduate students.
Center for International Education
The Center for International Education offers a limited number of scholarships to foreign students attending NAU.
National & International Scholarships and Fellowships (NISF)
The NAU Coordinator for National & International Scholarships and Fellowships helps students refine their applications and connect to resources in order to be more competitive on the national/international level.
External funding opportunities Accordion Closed
There are many external professional organizations that regularly offer scholarships to aspiring engineers, mathematicians, and scientists. Organizations that regularly award scholarships to NAU students include:
Student organizations at NAU
Learn about clubs and organizations you can join.
Other ways to fund your education Accordion Closed
Assist faculty members with research projects. Paid positions may be available. For a list of departments and faculty, go to the CEFNS Departments, Centers and Institutes. Select your department and then the faculty listing.