Minor in Mechanical Engineering
Are you already going for a different degree in engineering
or the natural sciences? Then a minor in
Mechanical Engineering will complement any degree program such as:
- electrical engineering
- civil engineering
- environmental engineering
- computer science
A minor will give you a broad understanding of mechanical
engineering that you can use in your future career or to apply to other
disciplines. Below you can find catalog information.
minor is designed for students majoring in other disciplines who desire
exposure to the theory and practice of Mechanical Engineering. It provides a firm foundation in solid and
fluid mechanics, engineering design, dynamics, thermodynamics, and mechanics of
materials. Increasingly, scientists,
engineers, and other related professionals are required to work together in
multidisciplinary environments to solve common problems. A minor will give you a broad understanding
of Mechanical Engineering that you can use in your future career and will
complement degree programs such as Biology, Physics, Environmental Sciences,
Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and
Engineering (ME) minor learning outcomes are a subset of the learning outcomes
for the BSE in ME. By the time they
complete a minor in ME, students will have achieved:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to, engage in
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern
engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.