Technology resources that support music instruction in the Northern Arizona University School of Music includes a dedicated music computer lab (MCL) with eighteen workstations equipped with MIDI keyboards and software to enable composition and editing of music files. The lab computers are equipped with a wide variety of software to facilitate other music class assignments. Printing also is available.
The majority of classrooms are equipped with technology resources, including computers, projectors, audio playback devices, pad cameras, and software to allow faculty to provide the multimedia enriched classroom experience necessary for student learning. Our music education classroom also incorporates SMART Board technology. Plans are being developed to mediate the remaining classrooms and rehearsal halls in the near future.
Appropriate computer resources are likewise provided to School of Music faculty to develop efficient and multi-faceted teaching resources across the spectrum of classroom needs.
Music Computer Lab (room 209, Performing and Fine Arts)
Procedures for MCL access keycards:
- Print and complete the request form Keycard Request form (click to open)
- Have an appropriate (i.e., your department) faculty member sign the form
- Bring the completed form and your student ID card to room 120 in Performing and Fine Arts (Building 37)
- You will be issued a keycard and four digit pin number.
- You must return the keycard by end of semester in which keycard was issued.
Lab Schedule Fall 2016* (click to open)
* Lab hours subject to change, always consult the schedule on the room 209 door.