Bachelor of Music Education (BMEd): Choral or Instrumental
The BMEd will prepare you for a secondary education certificate with a K-12 endorsement in music.
For this degree, you choose between two tracks:
- choral music education
- instrumental music education
Declaring a music major
To declare a music major, you must:
- be accepted to the university
- apply and be accepted to the School of Music
- take a music theory placement exam
- Follow the correct progression plan (choral emphasis or instrumental emphasis) to keep your degree on track.
- You should see an academic adviser at least once a semester to confirm your academic progress.
- Please note that this plan takes four-and-one-half years (nine semesters) to complete.