The Knowledge Component
The knowledge component is met by:
- Completing the AzEIP Policies training AND
- Completing the AzEIP training modules (to be available summer of 2014) OR
- Successfully completing approved university-based coursework.
Policies Training is recommended upon entering the AzEIP system, within the first year of employment. The curriculum covers:
- The structure of the AzEIP System
- Important aspects of state and federal special education law
Approved University Coursework:
Northern Arizona University offers four undergraduate or graduate courses which are delivered ONLINE or in classrooms throughout the state
- All four courses must be completed to obtain credit for the SOP Tests and a transcript must be submitted to ASDTP.
- Contact Dr. Karen Applequist at Karen.Applequist@nau.edu (928-523-9276) for more information