are two types of on-campus housing options at NAU: university-managed residence
halls and university-partnered housing managed by American Campus Communities. Continuing freshmen and rising sophomores who
have been enrolled for one or two semesters as of and including spring 2017 are
eligible to reapply to live in an NAU residence hall for the 2017-18 academic year (August - May).
Reapplication for NAU residence halls occurs in three steps:Step 1 - Submit your application
Step 2 – Select your room
- The 2017-18 housing application will be available from 8 a.m. November 1 to 5 p.m. February 15. Log into the housing portal to submit your application.
- Individual room selection times will be assigned by date of housing application. Your application must be submitted by February 15 to be eligible to select a room.
- A $100 non-refundable application fee will be charged to your student LOUIE account after you apply. Fee payment is due within seven days or the application will be cancelled.
- You may search, request and accept roommate requests while the application is open. Roommates must also be eligible rising sophomores and have an application submitted in order to be requested.
- Roommate requests must be accepted prior to room selection in order to assign a roommate during your room selection time.
- You can assign as many roommates as will fill the available space in the unit (i.e. up to two roommates in a fully available Raymond apartment).
Step 3 – Submit your Housing Rent Confirmation Payment
- Room selection times will be assigned by date of housing application. Your designated room selection time will be sent to your NAU email address on Feb. 17.
- Room selection will take place February 20-24
- Feb. 20: Mountain View Hall only. Students affiliated with Fraternity and Sorority Life can select a room in Mountain View this day.
- Feb. 21-24: General room selection for all upper-division halls.
- Your assigned room selection time is your start time. Log back into the housing portal at or after your assigned time to view and select from available rooms. Room selection occurs in real time, so current available space will be displayed at your assigned room selection time.
- Roommate requests must be accepted prior to room selection and placed at the time of initial room selection.
- You will not be able to later add roommates if you have already selected a room without them.
- The roommate with the earliest room selection time should place the other accepted roommates for the greatest space availability.
- Discuss alternative plans with potential roommates prior to room selection in case your desired hall or space is not available at the time of your room selection.
- Space availability:
- Please review all upper-division housing options prior to room selection so you are familiar with all residence halls and space configurations.
- McKay Village and South Village have multiple apartment types; read the descriptions carefully when viewing and selecting rooms.
- If you do not select a room, or have not been placed by an accepted roommate, by Feb. 24, your application will be cancelled.
- A $175 Housing Rent Confirmation Payment (HRCP) is required to hold your selected space. This payment applies toward your fall semester rent.
- The HRCP charge will be posted to your student LOUIE account the week of Feb. 27 and is due by May 15. If you do not make this payment by the May 15 deadline, your housing application and selected space will be cancelled.
- The $175 HRCP will be refunded to your account if you cancel by May 15.
- The $175 HRCP is non-refundable if you cancel after May 15.
Additional housing options:University-partnered housing on campus
Rising sophomores currently living on campus have priority leasing periods for university-partnered housing after rising juniors and seniors. Communities are located on campus and include:
Applications are being accepted now at studenthousingnau.com. Priority leasing dates vary by property. For information, attend one of the these upcoming Open House events:
- 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 26, at The Suites
- 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, at Hilltop Townhomes
About 60% of enrolled NAU students in Flagstaff live off campus. There are many off-campus housing options near NAU. You can find helpful resources online
, including the Off-Campus Housing Guide
to assist you with exploring off-campus housing options.