Effort Distribution Reports
Effort Distribution Reporting Update?
The Effort Distribution Reports (EDR) will no longer be distributed monthly to the department for employee verification. INSTEAD the Effort Distribution Reports will be sent bi-annually to the department for Principal Investigator or Designated Signature Authority. Procedure for the department to complete the EDR remains the same.
- Principal Investigator or Designated Signature Authority MUST review the EDR for accuracy.
- If needed, write comments ONLY in the "Comment" box.
- EDR must be returned with Principal Investigator or Designated Signature Authority printed name and signature.
- Return the EDR within 45 days of receipt to PAASFC, PO Box 4070.
What is an Effort Distribution Report?
- It is a government
requirement (Office of Management and Budget, OMB Circular A-21).
- It is a verification of how
much effort was expended by a given person toward a particular account.
- The forms prove compliance
and documents an individual is paid for their effort, not simply on a
What Do I Do If...?
The employee no longer works for this project, this department, this
If the employee is no longer an NAU employee, please remove the employee via an ePAR. The form must sign we signed by the Principal Investigator or Designated Signature Authority.
The effort distribution percentage is wrong?
Make the appropriate changes on the EDR and sign as usual. Ensure an ePAR is submitted to correct percentage changes.