What we do:
Post Award Accounting Services and Fiscal Compliance (PAASFC) has the institutional responsibility for assuring the Arizona State Board of Regents (ABOR), the public, and the Federal government that the University has in-place systems and best practices for fiscal accountability and internal controls for sponsored project funds awarded to the University. Specifically, our responsibility is to provide post-award fiscal compliance and administrative support to the University community while ensuring regulatory compliance with NAU, State, Private and Federal Policies, Procedures and guidelines.
Our functions include:
- Fiscal administration and compliance of grants/contracts, cooperative agreements, and subcontracts with federal, private, and state sponsors.
- Provide central oversight of the post-award fiscal activities of all sponsored projects.
- Maintains the time and effort reporting stem for sponsored projects.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and state rules and regulations governing the fiscal compliance administration of sponsored projects.
- Creates and promulgates sponsored project fiscal compliance administration polices and procedures.
- Partners with Principal Investigators (PI's), the Office of Grant and Contract Services and Departmental Administration to ensure compliance with award terms and conditions.
- Reviews and validates financial transaction to support research.
- Prepares and submits financial reports and invoices in accordance with award terms and conditions.
- Participates and is instrumental in the annual A-133 University Audits.
- Develops training materials and conducts training programs on fiscal compliance sponsored project administration.