Please visit this page to take the 2014 Student Technology Survey
ITS is always interested in campus feedback that would help us improve our services. If you would like to provide suggestions between annual surveys, please contact the Student Technology Center at (928) 523-9294 or email@example.com.
In an effort to constantly improve the services that ITS provides to the students of Northern Arizona University, we began requesting feedback from students in 2010. The results and comments that we received can be viewed below.
Among the improvements ITS had already begun or are in work as a result of your 2012 input:
- To improve the performance of the Blackboard Learn online course system, in April of 2012, ITS hired Blackboard personnel to visit campus and put our system through a rigorous stress test. These diagnostics resulted in greatly increased stability and performance of the Blackboard Learn system.
- Wireless in every residence hall is getting a complete overhaul. Beginning in the summer of 2012, ITS is replacing all of the wireless hardware in the residence halls as well as increasing the total number of wireless access points. When completed, this will result in a substantial improvement in wireless connectivity and reliability. We hope to have all of the residence halls converted over to the new wireless hardware by late October 2012.
- Password change frequency was another thing that students believed needed some adjusting. In August 2012, we began investigating the issue and will provide updates as we know more.
Among the improvements ITS had already begun or are in work as a result of your 2010 input:
- The South Learning Resource Center Computer Lab has been upgraded with new keyboards and monitors to improve usability of the computers there. We implemented a new self-service printing system (similar to the Library) which allows our former lab aides to provide better service since they do not always have to be handling print jobs and provides a single point of contact for all support questions in the South Learning Resource Center.
- The MyNAU Portal (http://my.nau.edu) has gone through a complete overhaul to bring it more in line with today’s web technologies. MyNAU will now provide access to all of your BBLearn courses, display high-priority messages from the University, as well as provide access to your NAU Email account and a multitude of other NAU resources.
- In response to students’ concerns about wireless security in the residence halls, we have enabled WPA2 wireless security on the ResNet wireless network. To access this network, students will need perform a one-time login with the following credentials:
- Username: nau-students\your_userID
- Password: your NAU password