ITS maintains a software licensing agreement with Microsoft called the Enrollment for Education Solutions (ESS), formerly known as the Microsoft Campus Agreement. NAU’s Agreement covers faculty, staff, students & lab systems at NAU, as well as Air Force or Army ROTC, and designated graduate assistants. This agreement does not cover NAU affiliates or students.
NAU has entered into a licensing agreement with the Microsoft Corporation called Enrollment for Education Solutions. The Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions is an annual, comprehensive licensing program specifically created to address the unique needs of higher education institutions.
The agreement allows NAU to count people rather than computers for purchasing software licenses, which makes it much easier to license the entire University.
A frequently asked questions guide about the ESS is available on Microsoft's website in Microsoft Word format. The Program Guide (also a Word document) explains the rules for deploying and using software. This guide may be particularly useful to computer support liaisons across campus.
NAU is licensed for the following products:
- Windows desktop operating system upgrades for PCs and Windows installs under BootCamp on Macintosh computers.
- Office Professional Edition for Windows, which includes:
- Office for the Macintosh, which includes:
- Outlook / Entourage
- Virtual PC
- FrontPage/Sharepoint Designer
- Visual Studio
- Core CAL (allows server connections for things such as SMS)
To Use This Service, You Will Need
NAU’s Enrollment for Education Solutions (ESS) covers faculty, staff, students, and lab systems at NAU, as well as Air Force or Army ROTC, and designated graduate assistants. This agreement does not cover University affiliates. Covered software can also be used for any NAU-related business. If you are uncertain whether you are covered under the Licensing Agreement, please contact the ITS Solution Center.
The above-listed software may be installed on any NAU-owned computer (including Macintosh computers). New versions of software will typically become officially supported by ITS a few months after release by Microsoft to allow for industry review, testing, and evaluation of compatibility issues.
The Microsoft agreement includes home use rights for the communities identified in the first paragraph of this section. You may install up to one copy of each licensed Microsoft product per person on your personally owned computers under license(s) granted to NAU for the term of our Enrollment for Education Solutions agreement. You will be required to remove the software from your personal computer immediately upon the earlier of (a) any event which causes you to no longer be an employee of the institution or (b) expiration of the agreement subscription term.
How to Request
To obtain Licensed Microsoft Software for use on computers covered by the Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions:
- ITS maintains an NAU Ghost image for supported Windows computers that includes the latest supported versions of Windows Enterprise Edition with MS Office and other licensed NAU software pre-installed. To arrange to have this image installed on your computer, please contact your department's computer support staff or call the ITS Solution Center at 928-523-1511.
- Microsoft Licensed software for NAU owned computers is available from our Software Download web page (authentication required).
- Microsoft Licensed software for personally owned computers is available for purchase at the ITS Online Software Store.
Cost / Pricing
Microsoft software licensed under the campus agreement is available:
- at no cost for installation on institutionally owned computers.
- at very modest cost from the ITS online software store for computers personally owned by employees of NAU.
Faculty and staff can obtain assistance installing or using supported Microsoft software on institutionally-owned computers by contacting the ITS Solution Center