VPN: Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) Configuration
You can configure the VPN settings in Mac OS 10.9 by following these step-by-step instructions.
OSX 10.9 Menu Bar Apple
Click the "Apple" icon on the far left-hand side of the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Select System Preferences
In the menu that appears, click "System Preferences."
System Preferences: Network
Under "Internet & Wireless," click "Network."
In the "Network" window, click the plus (+) sign at the bottom of the left-hand sidebar to add a network.
In the window that appears, click the "Interface" drop down menu.
Click "VPN" in the drop down menu.
VPN Type Dropdown
Click the "VPN Type" drop down menu.
Network VPN Type and Services
1. In the drop down menu, click "PPTP" as the VPN type.
2. In the "Service Name" field, type "NAU VPN" without quotes.
3. When you are finished, click "Create."
Network Account Name and Authentication
1. In the "Network" window, click "NAU VPN" in the left sidebar.
2. In the "Account Name" field, type "NAU\abc123" without quotes where "abc123" is your NAU User ID. (Students need to insert "NAU-Students\" infront of their User ID)
3. Once this information is entered, click "Authentication Settings."
In the window that appears, click the "Password" option in the list and type your NAU password into the field. When you are finished, click "OK" or press the Enter/Return key.
Apply VPN Settings
Connect to VPNClick "Connect" to connect to the NAU VPN.
NAU's VPN service allows users to securely connect to the Northern Arizona University network.