ResNet: Getting Started
Beginning Monday, July 11, 2016, the Student Technology Center is relocating to the duBois Center.
View more information >
- Connect to the network
In your residence hall room, either plug into the port
in your room using an Ethernet cable or connect to one of the "ResNet"
- To connect to the "ResNet" wifi network, you will need to login with the following information:
- Username: your user ID (i.e. abc234)
- Password: your normal NAU password
- Accept the security certificate when prompted to do so.
- Connect to "ResNet-Alt" for any device that isn't a computer (gaming devices, mobile phones, DVR's, etc...)
- Install the SafeConnect Policy Key
After you restart your computer, open a web browser. You will
then be redirected to the SafeConnect Policy Key download page.
All Windows and Macintosh computers will be required to download
and install the SafeConnect Policy Key. Gaming and mobile
devices will be auto-detected and passed through SafeConnect. You will not need to download the Policy Key on those devices. The SafeConnect Policy Key scans each machine and verifies that the machine meets ResNet requirements.
- SafeConnect Scanning and Remediation.
For Windows computers, NAU requires that you have a supported, up-to-date anti-virus program and Microsoft Windows Update set to automatically
download and install. If your machine does not meet the above requirements, follow the
instructions on the SafeConnect web page. Once your machine is
updated and configured correctly, you will have complete network
access. Macs and other devices will not need to meet these requirements.
What kind of computer do I need?
ResNet supports the following operating systems:
The following operating systems are not supported and you may be unable to access ResNet without upgrading:
- Windows Vista SP2+
- Windows 7 SP1+
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Mac OSX 10.9+
- Windows XP (all versions)
- Windows Vista (without SP2)
- Windows 7 (without SP1)
- Windows 8 (without 8.1 upgrade)
- Mac OSX 10.5
Training & Documentation
Students are strongly encouraged to ensure that the computer they bring on campus meets the requirements for support established by NAU Information Technology Services.
Information about the wired/ethernet access to ResNet.
A list of all the antivirus programs supported by SafeConnect. Applicable to ResNet internet connections only.top