Dispatching Purchase Orders for Staples-PS Financials
Business Process: Dispatching Staples Purchase
After a requisition is created, approved, budget checked and sourced to a
Purchase Order, the PO must be dispatched to Staples Office Supply. The PO is dispatched to Staples
electronically and there is no need to print the PO.
GO TO: eProcurement>Buyer Center>Dispatch Purchase Orders
CHOOSE: "Online Dispatcher"
- Select the PO that will be dispatched
- Click "Search"
- Check mark the box next to the "PO ID"
- Click on "Dispatch PO(s)"
RUN THE DISPATCH PROCESS
- Check mark "Print PO Item Description"
- No need to wait on the dispatch
- Click "OK" (Note: The dispatched PO is sent electronically to Staples. There is no need to print the PO.)
Training & Documentation
When goods or services need to be purchased and a Requisition (REQ) has been created and approved, PeopleSoft will automatically convert (source) the REQ into a Purchase Order (PO). Once the PO is sourced, it is sent (dispatched) to the Vendor. It is at this time, the Department may begin ordering the goods and services. Depending on the dollar amount and other restrictions, a PO may be created by the department (DPT) or by NAU's central procurement/purchasing unit (PUR). View these "How-To" guides on PO Processes in PeopleSoft. top