Navigating Favorites - PS Financials
Back to Main Training Menu
Overview of Using Favorites
to add the current page to your “Favorites” list for easy accessibility. The “Favorites”
list is like your own list of bookmarks to transaction pages that you use
frequently. Once you add a favorite, it appears under the “Favorites” menu. You
can return to the page by clicking the “Favorites” menu and clicking the link
for the page that you want to view.
may be used to easily access saved searches, data entry pages, reports and many
Adding Pages to the Favorites Menu
Add pages to the Favorites menu:
- Open the page that you want
to designate as a “Favorite”. (Travel and Expense Center will be the “page”
used in the example to designate as a “favorite”).
- Click “Favorites” in
the universal navigation header.
- Then, click “Add to
- Update/customize the
description for the “Favorite”, if necessary. (The “Add to
Favorites” modal window appears, with the page name as the default in the description field.
The “Favorite” is saved and displayed in the “Favorites” menu. Click OK
to dismiss the dialog box.
Editing Pages Within the Favorites Menu
On the Edit Favorites page you can re-label favorites, delete favorites,
or modify the sequence in which they appear in the “Favorites” menu.
- Click the "Favorites" menu.
- Click "Edit Favorites".
- The "Edit Favorites" page appears. displaying a grid with the favorites that you selected. (If there are no favorites currently saved, a message indicates this in place of the "Favorites" grid.)
- Locate the "Favorite" that you want to modify, and make your changes.
- To re-label a favorite, type a new name in the text box.
- To delete a favorite, click the Delete button associated with it.
- To re-order favorites, type an appropriate number in the Sequence number box.
5. "Save" your changes
Using the Recently Used Menu
you visit a page of data entry, it is automatically added to the Recently Used
list under the “Favorites” menu. This list is limited to the five most recently
Note. The recently used data is stored to the list when you leave the
component by either clicking on the header or going to a different component.
The system does not update the recently used list if:
- You close the browser without signing out first.
- Your session times out.
Accessing Pages from the Recently Used Menu
access pages from the Recently Used Menu,
- Click “Favorites”
- Click the item name.
- If the component has a search record, the
search page appears. Enter search criteria to access the page.
- If the component has no search record, the
page appears without search criteria.
Back to Main Training Menu
PeopleSoft (also known as "LOUIE") is NAU's student and employee information management system. ITS provides technical support for the PeopleSoft system.