With PowerPoint 2010 you can now save your PowerPoint presentation as a video. This can make it easier to share and view your presentation. The format that the video is saved in is Windows Media Video, and the animation, narrations, and multimedia will all play.
Creating the video:
- First you need to create your presentation.
- If you would like, you can record and add narration to the presentation.
- Save the presentation.
- Go to the File menu, and click on Save & Send.
- In the Save & Send section, click on Create a video.
- Choose the quality and size of the video by clicking on the Computer & HD Displays down arrow. You can choose from Computer & HD Displays, Internet & DVD, or Portable Devices. This will depend on how you would like to show your video.
- Click the Don't Use Recorded Timings and Narrations down arrow.
- Choose one of the following:
- If you did not record and time voice narration then click Don't Use Recorded Timings and Narration.
The default time spent on each slide is set to 5 seconds, but you can change that. On the right of Seconds to spend on each slide, click the up arrow to increase, or the down arrow to decrease the seconds.
- If you recorded and timed narration then click Use Recorded Timings and Narrations.
- Click the Create Video button.
- Name your video and click the Save button.