In PowerPoint 2010 you can broadcast your PowerPoint presentations over the internet.
Microsoft lists a few things that you need to consider before you begin broadcasting your presentations:
- Internet connection: You need to be connected to the Internet or have access to a broadcast site on a server with the Office Web Apps installed in order to use this feature.
- Supported browsers: The broadcast slide show feature can be viewed in the Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari for Mac browsers.
- File size limits: The service you use might impose a limit on the file size for broadcasted slide shows.
- Supported PowerPoint features: Some PowerPoint features are changed when the slide show is broadcasted online:
- Transitions: Any transitions in your presentation are shown as Fade transitions in the browser.
- Screensavers and email pop-ups can disrupt the audience's view of the slide show.
- Audio (sounds, narration) is not transmitted to the audience through the browser.
- You cannot add ink annotations or markup drawn onto the slide show during the presentation.
- If you follow a hyperlink in your presentation to a Web site, the attendees only see the last slide you showed in the original presentation.
- If you play a video in your presentation, the browser does not show it to the audience.
To broadcast your presentation, follow these steps:
- Go to Slide Show tab, and in the Start Slide Show group, click on Broadcast Slide Show.
You will see the Broadcast Slide Show dialog box.
- Click on the Start Broadcast button.
- Sign in with your Windows Live ID. If you do not have one, you will need to create one.
- After you sign in, PowerPoint will provide a unique URL for your presentation.
- There are several options to send the URL of the presentation to your audience:
- To send the URL for your presentation by email, click Send in Email.
- To copy the link, click Copy Link.
- To send the URL through Office Communicator click Send in IM. Make sure that you have Office Communicator loaded and that you are signed in.
- After you have provided the URL of your presentation to your audience, click on the Start Slide Show button to begin your broadcast.
- When you are finished with the presentation and are ready to end the broadcast, press ESC to exit Slide Show view and then click End Broadcast.