APPEL Step- by- Step
- APPEL Website
- Administered by the College of Education.
- Current NAU Students:
- Current NAU students will use their same uid and
password. It takes 1-2 days for the APPEL test to show up on BbLearn.
- Please do not send in multiple requests.
- NAU Alumni:
- Please fill out this form on the APPEL website
- Alumni status will be will be verified within a
- When your status is verified you will be emailed
your account and password to log into BbLearn to access the preparation
only send the form once. If you apply multiple times, the system
will assign you an account that is not active.
- Non-NAU Students:
- Please fill out a form (found on the APPEL website) and the $40.00
registration fee (Visa, Master Card, or E-Check).
- When your payment confirmation is received you
will be e-mailed your account and password for BbLearn to access the preparation
- Please only send the form once. If you apply multiple
times, the system will assign you an account that is not active.
Other things to note:
- The Blackboard Learn course will
help in preparing for the professional knowledge exams (91 and 92) and
the following subject-knowledge test: elementary subject tests (01),
special education, cross-category (22), math (10 and 37), English (02),
and Social Studies (03). The seminars focus on preparing for the
professional knowledge exams (91 and 92).
- Refunds will not be given if you
are unsatisfied due to the absence of materials for any AEPA tests—see
the list above. Individuals will not receive refunds for lack of use,
change in certification needs (i.e. moving out of state), or unsuccessful
- APPEL Refund Policy: Requests for
refunds must be submitted to Becky Thomas, the Director of APPEL, by email
at email@example.com within 30 days of payment. A response will be emailed
within two weeks of receipt of request. We reserve the right to deny
refunds for situations we determine ineligible.
The Student Technology Center (STC) provides 24/7 technical phone support as well as in-person support. Call 928-523-9294 for assistance or statewide toll-free at 888-520-7215.