iOS 7 (iPhone, iPad, iPod): VPN
Apple iOS 7 is the newest version of iOS. Some parts of the interface have changed slightly from iOS 6. This page will show you how to set up a connection to the NAU VPN in iOS 7. The process works the same way for the iPod Touch, the iPhone, and the iPad.
On the home screen of your device, tap the "Settings" icon.
On the "Settings" screen, tap "General" and scroll down to the bottom of the list in the right-hand pane.
After scrolling down, tap "VPN."
Tap "Add VPN Configuration."
- You will see a popup asking for the VPN configuration.
- Tap "PPTP" at the top of the window.
- Type "NAU VPN" without quotes in the Description field, and type "vpn.nau.edu" without quotes in the Server field.
- Type your NAU User ID into the Account field, and your password into the Password field. (Students need to insert "NAU-Students\" infront of their User ID)
- When you are finished, tap "Save" in the top right-hand corner of the window.
You will be taken back to the "VPN Settings" screen. Tap the VPN "switch" icon to turn on the VPN.
Wait a few seconds to connect to the VPN. When the connection is complete, the VPN status will say "Connected."
NAU's VPN service allows users to securely connect to the Northern Arizona University network.