Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Available To: Faculty, Staff, Students
Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) is the tenth major release of Mac OS X, and was released in October 2013.
To install Mavericks, you need one of these Macs:
- iMac (Mid-2007 or later)
- MacBook (13-inch Aluminum, Late 2008), (13-inch, Early 2009 or later)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid-2009 or later),
- MacBook Pro (15-inch or 17-inch, Mid/Late 2007 or later)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or later)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or later)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or later)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
- Your Mac also needs:
OS X Mountain Lion, Lion, or Snow Leopard v10.6.8 already installed
- 2 GB or more of memory
- 8 GB or more of available space
Data BackupComputer Backup Information - Saving Important Data
WirelessNAU Secure Wireless (NAU)
NAU Guest Wireless (NAU-Guest)
VPNVPN setup instructions.
Video TrainingsMac OS X Mavericks Essential Training Video (Lynda.com)
Northern Arizona University strives to support and maintain different operating systems for both Mac's and PCs alike.